Kunming College of Eastern Language
The Largest and Most Established Chinese School in Yunnan
Kunming College of Eastern Language
Apply for Chinese course. Friendly responde within 12 hours. Apply Now!

Details of Chinese Visa Types

Since the early 1980s, with the implementation of the reform and opening up policy, foreigners in China have increased. Now it is like blooming everywhere. Not only are foreigners found in big cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen, but foreigners in China’s second-tier cities and third-tier cities are also increasing. The main reason is still due to China’s increasing international status, which directly affects the increasing number of foreigners choosing to travel, work or live in China ... However, it is not very easy to come to China from abroad. First of all, this first pass that is the visa is not easy to get.

The first step in coming to China is to apply for a visa. What are the types of visas in China?

Visa types and description
C-It refers to the crew members of international trains, crew members of international aircraft, crew members and accompanying family members of international sailing ships and car drivers engaged in international road transportation.

D-It refers to entry permanent resident.

F-It refers to people who enter to engage in activities such as exchanges, visits, and inspections.

G-It refers to people who transit through China.

J1-It refers to a resident foreign journalist in a Chinese news agency, staying for more than 180 days.

J2-It refers to foreign journalists who enter China for short-term interviews, and stay for no more than 180 days.

L-It refers to inbound tourist personnel.

M-It refers to people who enter the country to carry out commercial trade activities.

Q1-It refers to the family members of Chinese citizens applying for residence in China due to family reunification (spouse, parents, children, spouses of children, siblings, grandparents, grandparents, grandchildren and spouse's parents) and family members of foreigners who are eligible for permanent residence in China (spouse, parents, children, children ’s spouse, siblings, grandparents, maternal grandparents, grandchildren and spouse ’s parents), as well as those applying for entry for residence personnel.

Q2-It refers to relatives of Chinese citizens residing in China who are visiting China for short-term (not more than 180 days) and relatives of foreigners with permanent residence status in China.

R-It refers to the foreign high-level talents needed by the country and the urgent need for specialized talents.

S1-It refers to the spouse, parents, children under the age of 18, spouse's parents of foreigners residing in China due to work, study, etc. They enter the country for long-term (over 180 days) to visit relatives and other private matters.

S2-It refers to the family members of foreigners staying in China due to work, study, etc. (spouse, parents, children, children's spouse, siblings, grandparents, maternal grandparents. They enter the country for a short time (not more than 180 days )Visiting relatives.

X1-It refers to people who have been studying in China for a long time (over 180 days).

X2-It refers to people who are studying in China for short periods (not more than 180 days).

Z-It refers to people working in China.

  • TEL:
  • EMAIL:
Details of Chinese Visa Types